Job title: Director of Communications
Work location: Brussels, Belgium
Contract: Permanent (with notice period)
Hours: Fulltime (38 hrs)
Closing date: August 12, 2023
The International Center for Future Generations, established in 2021, is a think tank dedicated to shaping a future where decision-makers anticipate and responsibly govern the societal impacts of rapid technological change, ensuring that emerging technologies are harnessed to serve the best interests of humanity. Join our dynamic and purpose-driven team, poised to grow fast and make an impact!
As the Director of Communications at the International Center for Future Generations (ICFG), you will play a critical role in shaping our public presence, building our brand identity, and amplifying our impact. Your work will involve strategic communications planning, media relations, content creation, event coordination, and more, all aimed at enhancing our visibility and credibility within relevant networks.
- Develop and implement a strategic communications plan, including goals, budget, and tactics, to build and enhance the visibility and credibility of ICFG.
- Coordinate the creation and distribution of all communication materials, such as press releases, brochures, annual reports, speeches, op-eds, and social media content, ensuring consistent branding and messaging.
- Plan, organize, and oversee events such as press conferences, webinars, roundtable discussions, and other public engagements to promote the organization and its objectives.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with local, national, and international media outlets, securing and managing media opportunities as appropriate.
- Manage the organization’s digital communications, including website, blogs, social media, and newsletters, ensuring content is current, relevant, and engaging.
- Collaborate with the senior management to identify and capitalize on communication opportunities related to the organization’s research and advocacy efforts.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of communication strategies, adjusting approaches as needed based on feedback, metrics, and changing trends.
- Represent ICFG at conferences, workshops, and other relevant events, promoting the organization’s mission and achievements.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization through collaborative efforts, ongoing learning, and professional growth.
What you need to be successful in the role
- Leverage your extensive experience and skill set in strategic communications, public relations, and brand management.
- Demonstrate excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences and platforms.
- Prove your proficiency in digital communication tools and social media platforms, and keep abreast of the latest digital trends and opportunities.
- Exhibit strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and stakeholders effectively.
- Work collaboratively with the senior management, and other team members.
- Stay informed about the latest research, policy developments, and trends in the field of emerging technology, ensuring that all communication efforts are timely, relevant, and impactful.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of communication efforts, refining strategies and approaches based on feedback, performance metrics, and changing trends.
- Show a commitment to ongoing professional development, staying updated on industry best practices and emerging communication strategies and technologies.
- Full-time position (38 hours per week)
- Regular overtime expected
- National and international travel required
What we offer
- Salary: the salary for this position is competitive (with potential market supplements for Brussels candidates).
- Work location: we have workspaces in multiple countries and flexible working policies that will enable a hybrid home and office working arrangement for our employees. However, for this role it is required to work from our Brussels office.
- Vacation days: a generous number of Vacation days (statutory days, discretionary days, shut-it-down days, etc.), Parental Leave and Care Leave days.
- Learning & Development: an annual contribution toward personal education & development.
- Wellness & Wellbeing: an annual contribution toward personal wellness & wellbeing.
- Inclusive workplace: we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace for all.
How to apply
The attributes listed above represent our current thinking for the role. You can be a great candidate even if you don’t fit everything we’ve described above. You can also have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you – even if you’re on the fence – we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself!
To apply for this exceptional opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Queries can be directed to Laurens de Groot (firstname.lastname@example.org). The final deadline is August 12, 2023 but we encourage early applications, and will consider them as they come in.
Protecting your personal data is of the utmost importance to ICFG and we take this responsibility very seriously. Any information obtained by our divisions is held and processed in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. The data you provide us with is securely stored on our computerized database and transferred internally for the purposes of presenting you as a candidate and/or considering your suitability for a role you have registered interest in.
To view our Governance Plan, click here