Job title: PA & Operations Lead
Work location: Brussels, Belgium
Contract: Permanent (with notice period)
Hours: Fulltime (38 hours per week)
Closing date: October 1, 2023
The International Center for Future Generations, established in 2021, is a think tank dedicated to shaping a future where decision-makers anticipate and responsibly govern the societal impacts of rapid technological change, ensuring that emerging technologies are harnessed to serve the best interests of humanity. Join our dynamic and purpose-driven team, poised to grow fast and make an impact!
As the PA & Operations Lead at ICFG, your primary responsibility will be to provide one-to-one support to the CEO. In your role as Operations Lead you will manage all facility and office management related tasks.
What we expect from you
- Managing CEO’s mailbox
- Preparing communications on behalf of CEO
- Answering phone calls
- Welcoming visitors
- Organizing travel and itineraries
- Organizing and planning meetings
- Taking notes and writing minutes during meetings
- Conducting or preparing any research that the reporting manager may require
- Various ad hoc requests
- First point of contact for external vendors and internal clients
- Purchasing and managing usage of office supplies and furniture
- Coordinating entrance badges, keys, parking spaces, subscriptions, etc.
- Coordinating catering, cleaning, security requirements
- Purchasing and providing basic support with computer software and hardware
What you will need to succeed in this role
- Apply your background in C-level executive support and Office Management to create new and optimize existing processes, documentation and tools.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, tailoring content for internal and external audiences.
- Collaborate effectively with Board members, management, team leads and other team members to achieve shared objectives and contribute to the overall success of the organization.
- Network and build relationships with vendors, stakeholders and partner organizations to further ICFG’s mission and enhance the impact of its work.
- Stay informed about local legislation and the latest technological developments to ensure relevance and applicability of our policies, guidelines, procedures and tools.
- Commit to your own professional growth and contribute to the success of our organization through collaborative efforts and ongoing learning.
Job qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor degree
- Min. of 5 years experience with supporting C-level executives within an international dynamic business environment.
- Several years of experience in Office management.
- Experience with a hybrid organization is considered a plus.
- Excellent command of English and Dutch (both verbal and written). French and German are considered a plus.
- Proficiency in using Google Suite and other relevant tools.
- Knowledge of HR systems and project planning tools are considered a plus.
- Highly organized, proactive, and able to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Be someone who acts with integrity and manages confidentiality effectively.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work under pressure.
- Contract: Full Time (38 hours per week)
- Work location: ICFG office in Brussels, Belgium
- Travel: National and international travel required
What we offer
- Salary: the salary for this position is competitive (with potential market supplements for Brussels candidates).
- Work location: we have flexible working policies that will enable a hybrid home and office working arrangement for our employees. However, for this role it is required to work at least 4 days a week from our Brussels office.
- Vacation days: a generous number of vacation days (statutory days, and discretionary days) ICFG shut-it-down days, parental leave and care leave days.
- Learning & Development: an annual contribution toward personal education & development.
- Wellness & Wellbeing: an annual contribution toward personal wellness & wellbeing.
- Inclusive workplace: we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace for all.
How to apply
The attributes listed above represent our current thinking for the role. You can be a great candidate even if you don’t fit everything we’ve described above. You can also have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you – even if you’re on the fence – we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself!
To apply for this exceptional opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Queries can be directed to Mirella Wind (email@example.com). The final deadline for applications is October 1, 2023 but we encourage early applications, and will consider them as they come in.
Protecting your personal data is of the utmost importance to ICFG and we take this responsibility very seriously. Any information obtained by our divisions is held and processed in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. The data you provide us with is securely stored on our computerized database and transferred internally for the purposes of presenting you as a candidate and/or considering your suitability for a role you have registered interest in.
To view our Governance Plan, click here.